ORO Salon RE-OPENING AND GUIDLINES
The long wait is over! We are opening June 16th with strict guidelines set in place that we, as well as our clients, will strictly abide by in order to create the safest possible work environment at this time. Our “new normal” will look quite different than what we are used to. There are many new safety and sanitation initiatives that we are implementing but we wanted to inform you of the most important:
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
1. Limited Items and Guests – We ask that you arrive for your appointment in clean clothing, and at the time of your appointment and no earlier. Please keep the items you bring with you to a minimum (consider only bringing your phone and form of payment.) Please do not bring any extra guests with you and please do not bring children to your appointment at this time. If extra guests accompany you we will politely ask they wait in the car or outside.
2. Masks and Gloves – Service providers and ALL guests will be required to wear a mask the entire service. We ask that it go over the ear and not tied around the head to enable us to perform your hair service. If you do not have a mask, we can provide one for $1. We will not be providing one for our guests due to the nationwide shortage.
3. Touchless Greetings and Goodbyes – We will not be shaking hands or hugging at this time. But know that we do LOve you.
4. Attend appointments alone. Friends, family members, children and/or pets will be asked to stay at home.
5. Haircut clients will be asked to arrive with clean, dry hair without any styling product(s) applied.
6. No Beverages or Magazines – We will not be offering any beverages or magazines at this time.
7. Please review our current price structure which is available on our website as we made some changes. Pricing will be firm for ALL clients.
8. Health Conditions – If you have been ill or around someone who has been ill, please wait 14 days to reschedule your appointment. If you are showing any illness symptoms when you arrive for your appointment we will politely ask you to reschedule.
9. Please note that we require 24 hours notice via email or text to cancel your appointment. Should you need to cancel and reschedule, we will do our best to accommodate you but can’t guarantee a booking in the near future.
10. No shows will be subject to a full appointment charge and will be moved to the bottom of the wait list should they wish to reschedule.
11. Patience and Understanding – We ask for your patience and understanding during this time as we are working quickly and very diligently to be both accommodating and conscientious to your needs. We are incorporating extensive new and improved sanitation practices into every aspect of our operation, including the requirement of all of our artists to sanitize each chair and station before and after each client use.
12. Future Guidelines – We will be following any future guidelines from our state health channels.
13. Appointments – We will be calling clients from our waiting list and booking them in first. If your appointment was scheduled prior to March and you were not called, please call the salon to reschedule your appointment. Your scheduled appointment may not stand as it was previously scheduled if we are required to have split shifts of staff, however we will notify you as soon as possible. We have limited phone staff that will be working hard to accommodate the many changes that have occurred.
ARRIVING AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
You will be asked to confirm if you are feeling well – no fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
Expect to have your temperature taken upon entering the location. We will use a contactless, infrared thermometer to check the temperature of every team member and client that enters the salon. Any team member or client with a temperature above 99°F will be sent home, advised to seek medical attention and welcomed to return to the location when a fever and symptoms of COVID-19 no longer exist.
Please disinfect your hands upon arrival, using the restrooms and/or sanitation stations provided. It is advised to wash hands with clean water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
Outside food will not be permitted in the salon. Serving beverages of any kind, magazines, and complimentary charging stations will be temporarily unavailable.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Haircut clients will be required to arrive with clean, dry hair that is free of product as we will not be providing shampoos. Stress-relieving massages will be temporarily unavailable.
We will not be providing blow-dry & styling services at this time. Clients will leave with wet hair, styled with Biotop product to enhance natural texture or put up, as preferred.
Shampoo services will be available for the purpose of removing colour only. At the sink, the team member performing the shampoo service will wear a plexi face shield provided, for additional protection.
If you wish to purchase home care product(s), a Salon Coordinator or stylist will collect the preferred product(s) and have them ready for the end of your service. Please do not touch products on our display, we will gladly handle them for you.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please prepare to pay for service(s) and/or product(s) with debit, credit, gift card or e-transfer as cash will not be accepted at this time.
We will not be rebooking appointments until we are able to see a large amount of our clients. You will be added back on our wait list and will be contacted again to book.
We have taken extra precautions and have put more rigorous cleaning measures in place to equip our team with additional sanitation procedures and protocols. All team members will receive supplementary health and sanitation training to prevent the spread of germs.
WE HAVE MANDATED THAT ALL TEAM MEMBERS
Wear a mask at all times.
Wear a face shield at the washbasin when removing colour from client’s hair.
Wear a face shield during all face-to-face interactions with clients.
Wash their hands, before and after every appointment.
Clean and disinfect all tools with alcohol, before and after every appointment.
Clean and disinfect their chair and station, before and after every appointment.
Sanitize their hands throughout the service if they change tools or step away from their station at any time.
Stay home if they are sick and/or not feeling well.
OUR STAFF WILL BE CONTACTING CLIENTS DIRECTLY TO RESCHEDULE AND CONFIRM APPOINTMENTS.
*Please note that we are working with small group of staff and will be working rotating shifts 7 days/week to accommodate you.
WE ARE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING DURING THIS TIME.
We will continue to assess this situation as it evolves. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to keep well, stay informed, and follow the advice of health care officials. Thank you so very much for your kindness and support during this difficult time in history. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. We look forward to seeing you in the salon soon!